- Benjamin Franklin
“Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It strengthens his power of accomplishment.” Eric Butterworth
Which sounds longer to you, 569,400 hours or 65 years? They are exactly the same in length of time.
The average man spends his first eighteen years — 157,000 hours — getting an education. That leaves him 412,000 hours from age 18 to 65.
Eight hours of every day are spent in sleeping; eight hours in eating and recreation. So there is left eight hours to work each day.
One third of 412,000 hours is 134,000 hours — the number of hours a man has in which to work between the age of 18 and 65. Expressed in hours it doesn’t seem a very long time, does it?
Now I am not recommending that you tick off the hours that you worked, 134,000, 133,999, 133,998, etc., but I do suggest that whatever you do, you do it with all that you have in you.
If you are sleeping, sleep well.
If you are playing, play well.
If you are working, give the best that is in you, remembering that in the last analysis the real satisfaction in life come not from money and things, but from the realization of a job well done.
Therein lies the difference between the journeyman worker and a real craftsman."
- Your Best Foot Forward
By H. W. Prentis, Jr. (1884-1959)
- Napoleon Hill
“how can you respect a girl when she can’t respect herself?”
- In Plain Sight (via quote-book)
- Sarah Dessen (The Truth About Forever)
You can get over him.
I have no idea what it is. But I know I’ve changed my attitude, and it’s made all the difference. I feel so happy to be alive, and just happy happy happy. I’m so ready to hit this hard. Future’s looking bright, as always :)
I was sitting outside by the pool reminiscing..thinking about all the good things that have happened it my life & are going to happen.
Ditched the negative experiences & thoughts.
I feel great.
Credit to David A Schwartz, Ph. D.
1. My dad is radioactive.
2. Half of me is excited for college. The other half..not so much.
3. I don’t know how to express why, but when I think of you, I think so many happy things…always followed by a passionate “Fuck you ____.”
4. I felt a surge of productive energy that I put towards completely cleaning my room (for real!) Ugh, yucky girl.
5. I can’t believe you are real.
6. I love when strangers/acquaintances actually/sincerely care about me..I find it touching.
7. There’s such a sensual air around you.
8. I try to show my parents I love them. I wonder what holds me back from telling them I love them everyday. Was that a habit parents started? or are children supposed to begin that habit?
9. I love that my parents are still in love<3
10. My cartilage is healing up nicely in my opinion. (I got it done at the piercing pogada? apparently a pretty terrible place to get it done…)
11. I lost my make up and refuse to straighten my hair. I don’t know how I’ll ever go back to using make up or brushing my hair. Damn.
12. The pressure is on. I want to hit this hard.
13. I think I’m going to remember this summer very well…
14. Music really moves me differently nowadays.